The 6 Top Portable Sleeping Solutions
August 10, 2013
Travelling with a baby or toddler requires pre-planning. While many hotels have cribs and other baby items readily available on request, some parents prefer to travel with their own. Also, if you have a fussy baby, this option might be the way to go as most inflatable cribs are fairly light and compact. Here are our top pics (tried and tested by parents in the know)….
1) Baby Bjorn Travel Crib – This is what I have always used when I travel. It’s one of the pricer cribs on the market, but it’s so easy to open and close up. This is a no-brainer item for any parent that does a lot of travel with their little one(s).
2) The Go Crib – The design is modern and cool. This crib uses Rigid Inflatable™ technology, so it’s easy to assemble. It folds down into a back pack carrying case, which is perfect for air travel.
3) journeyBee – This new lightweight crib comes with a fleece sheet included. It literally pops open and closed and zips up into an easy carrying case. Website says it’s designed by parents — always a trusted fact!
4) Phil & Teds Traveller – This portable crib has a very neat feature, that one of the mesh sides completely zips down. So this can double as a play area for your babe as well! This is a super light weight option from a trusted company. It’s carrying case is extra slim and will fit just about anywhere easily.
5) Kidco Peapod – The cheapest of the bunch, this portable bed includes an inflatable air mattress and features UV protection and wind screens, making it great for the beach or a picnic outside. Like a little pup tent of their own!
6) The Shrunks Tuckaire Travel Bed– The smart option for your toddler to sleep next to you anywhere (once they have outgrown the crib)! The design fits standard crib sheets and has “side rails” so the kids don’t roll out. Best part is they inflate easily in 30 seconds and they fold up in your suitcase. No need to request the extra cot!
What travel crib do you use?